Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My car back seats both wet boot one side wer car floor wet

Customer Question

My car back seats both wet boot one side wer car floor wet garage cart find leak .
tom
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tom,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello you don't say what make and model this isbut some common issues are: If the car has AC then this could be the AC drain pipe thats come adrift or is clogged under the car and backing up the system. To get to the pipe you access it from under the car Also worth checking that the door seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching also check that the sunroof drains ( if iftted) are free and clear and these should vent out under the car and can become silted up and rust though due to the trapped water - If you look in the corners of the sunroof well in the roof you should spot a small hole / channel which is the entrance to the drain and I'd also remove the pollen filter and check inside its chamber for any signs of water as these shoud have a drain for water to escape and they can clog up
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.