Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have a lot of water on passenger side foot wells of 04 avensis

Have a lot of water on passenger side foot wells of 04 avensis it's not coolant
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello If the car has AC then this could be the AC drain pipe thats come adrift or is clogged under the car and backing up the system. To get to the pipe you access it from under the car Also worth checking that the door seals don't have any rips or tears and that they're touching all round the door - best way to confirm this is to rub some vaseline into the seal and close the door then when you re-open it check that the grease line is all the way round and check where theres any gaps - as this indicates the seal isn't touching also check that the sunroof drains are free and clear and these should vent out under the car and can become silted up and rust though due to the trapped water - If you look in the corners of the sunroof well in the roof you should spot a small hole / channel which is the entrance to the drain and I'd also remove the pollen filter and check inside its chamber for any signs of water as these shoud have a drain for water to escape and they can clog up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks don't have a sunroof it's only coming in when weather is wet
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
OK then it must be rainwater
and I'd next check the state of the door seals as described above
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to help Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.