indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

Prius2,08. when i stop quickly(not hard, but not a gentle drift),

Customer Question

prius2,08. when i stop quickly(not hard, but not a gentle drift), I notice a thump from the back end. It seems to occure as the petrol motor stops, a second before the car stops. It is as if the engine has 'shuddered' instead of stopping cleanly. There is no problem with the petrol engine starting, is is shudder free. Most times I dont even know it has started.
Done 40,ooo miles. This 'fault' has appeared in the last few days. It happens 50% of the time. It feels as if the rear wheels have lost traction briefly under braking load.
Is it a known fault?
Regards *****
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alvey,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Alvey.
This sounds like you may have bad bushes on the rear left and right control arms ,
But also what could cause you this same feeling is bad engine mounts
this should be checked . when braking this may cause the engine to tilt to the front and when you come to a stop it drops back into place hence the feeling of the rear end feel you have .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.