Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mike. My name Serg. i rented toyota car in one of Baltic

Hi Mike. My name Serg. i rented toyota car in one of Baltic contries . And i got damage on this car .how much is can to cost to repair of this damage.Sorry i can`t copy pictures
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike ,
are something is wrong,
I just want to know approximate price. what you think
Serg
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Serg can you describe what has been damaged?does the car still drive straight and true? are there any engine / gearbox faults?, broken glass?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Matt.
So sorry i don't get how is this system working.
I want know your opinion about how much is can to cost repair of this damage. Small dent on the bumper. I sending pictures for you. may you look on them please
Serg
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Serg
that's a pretty small dent
as its on the plastic part often a bit of applied heat with a hot air gun and some careful force on the reverse of the panel will successfully push the dent out
then the paint can be rubbed down, a small amount of filler applied and the panel blown over with a local repair
all in all there's no need to replace the front bumper, or to remove it from the car and a skilled paintshop would need about 3 hours work to put it right plus about £100 worth of materials
so whatever the labour rate is for the paint shop £50 / hour? x 3 + materials so I'd say £250 roughly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Matt.
Thank you .
By any chance. May be you can do calculation for me .I really like to know how many times and which staff need for painting and how much. That is for foreign country. I glad to get help from you. I happy to pay for next your answer. Happy New year.
Serg
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Serg
a rough estimate for the repair will depend on the local labour rate
as hourly labour rates in England will be a lot higher than in Poland for example
so 1st enquire at a few local paint shops as to what they would charge for an hourly labour rate
and as I said before
I'd estimate 3 to 4 hours labour to do the job
so if its £50 per hour labour rate this would be 150 to £200 in labour
Plus £100 in materials ( paint filler etc)
so total would be £250 to 300 total
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years