indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

My automatic Auris gear shift can get stuck if it is left parked

Customer Question

My automatic Auris gear shift can get stuck if it is left parked in Reverse or Drive (E).First registration 2009. How do I release it please? Yours, Tony Colclough
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Shantal, I should appreciate a reply to my original question within 3 working days. of this reply. If this cannot be provided, please refund my £13. Sincerely, ***** *****
Hello Tony,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Tony ,
Think you have had no answer due to the fact we are not to sure what you mean,
When parked in "P" you can not move it to any other gear ??
If this is the case then you have a problem with the brake switch ,this switch works the brake lights and the shift lock solenoid, if this switch fails you can not move out of "P" .
Check the switch and replace if needed.
Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box below .
Rgds Greg