Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How do i bleed cooling system

Customer Question

how do i bleed cooling system
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mr2
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
1st check that the small hoses that run from the top of the engine and radiator that run back to the header / expansion tank are free flowing and not blocked
If these are OK then remove the tank pressure cap and run the engine from cold with the heater set to full hot
As the engine starts to warm, squeeze the large hoses running to the radiator to help displace any air - all the time keeping an eye on the level in the header tank, making sure it doesn't drop below the minimum and open any bleed screws built into the top cooling hoses - closing them off as soon as they start to gush water
Once the engine is up to temperature the tank should be quite full. Switch the engine off and leave it to cool
Then top up to the mark once its all cold and replace the cap
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you