indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

My Toyota T4 electronic key is no longer operating the door

Customer Question

My Toyota T4 electronic key is no longer operating the door locks. I have to open the drivers door by putting the the in the lock, but this now sets off all the alarms. this is clearly a fault with the technology as I note other Toyota owners are having the same problem. I need Toyota to help sort out this problem for me please!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 11 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Okay please explain as not quite understanding the problem .
The key fob does not open the doors,and when you open the doors with the key it sets off the alarm ??
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O. K, I have a 3 button electronic key to my Toyota T4 car, the buttons should lock, unlock the doors and the tailgate. When I now try to use the key buttons the LED on the key lights but nothing happens, i,e, the door locks do not respond. If I then attempt to open the drivers door MANUALLY with the key all "Hell is Released", horns , flashers, etc, I think you will get the picture? The key will operate the ignition and the engine will start, so the computer still recognizes the key Chip, but the alarms continue. I note from " The Web" that many other people are having similar problems so this is clearly a fault with Toyota technology that they should help to remedy for their customers. "Customer Care" ? Can you help?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still waiting for your reply Greg! Sunday 24/01/2016, and I have already been charged £26.!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Re, your email to me today 25/01/2016. So where is your answer Greg?!!
Expert:  indy-tech replied 10 months ago.
Sorry got back to you so late .
Been a bad weekend for internet over here with the bad weather we are having .
Anyway if you still having this issue please let me know which model ,year and engine size .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Reg at last, sorry to read you have been caught up in the bad weather. The model is Avensis T4 Estate, year,2003, engine size, 1794 cc.. Eric.
Sorry still having great issue with the internet .Will get to you tomorrow morning when i get into work .One question have you tried resetting the key fob by reprogramming it . Greg.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Greg, resetting the key fob? How do I do that?
Hi .
Okay in most cases when a Battery is replaced in the remote a reprogramming is needed .or when you have any other difficulties
in the operation of the Keyfob.
1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and
drivers door is unlocked.
2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.
A. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
D. Close the drivers door.
E. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
F. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically
indicating successful entry into programming mode.
Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remtoe simutaneously for 1.5 seconds.
B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons,
Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door
locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If
the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was
not accepted.
C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.
7. Open drivers door.
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Got your instructions Greg. Is this what they call "The chicken dance"? I will give it my best shot!. I'll try anything to solve this problem , at the moment it's just a heap of useless metal!. Will; get back to you. If it works I will be thrilled and AMAZED! Regards Eric.
Great let me know what happens then we can work from there. Greg