Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I HAVE A TOYOTA HIACE 2003 ..AND NEED TO KNOW IF THE TIMEING

Customer Question

I HAVE A TOYOTA HIACE 2003 ..AND NEED TO KNOW IF THE TIMEING BELT NEEDS CHANGING I'M NOT SURE IF HAS BEEN CHANGED ..THERE ARE NO MARKS ON IT....170.000 MILES ON CLOCK....AND ALSO IF I CHANGE BELT SHOULD I CHANGE THE WATER PUMP. .THANKS.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello you don't say what engine this isif its the 2.4 or 2.7 petrol then these are on a timing chain and so don't generally need replacing unless you're hearing a tinkling rattle from the timing chestif its the 2.5 diesel then the belt needs replacing every 150,000 Km or every 6 years and the water pump isn't driven off this belt so unless you have overheating issues you can leave it so as yours' is on 170,000 miles (273,000km) and you have no history showing when it was last replaced if your car is the disel I'd recommend the belt is replaced
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you