Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Advice please - on oil, oil filter and air filter Toyota

Customer Question

Advice please - on oil, oil filter and air filter for my Toyota Yaris T2 - VVT-i, first registered 24/12/2003. 998cc, petrol. Thank you!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello oil grade should be a 10w30 and you'll need 3.2 litres of it to drain and refill what you have the oil and filter should be replaced every 15,000km or 9000 milesand the air filter needs replacing every 45,000km or 28 ,000 miles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The handbook says 5W - 30 is best choice oil. Oil and Air Filter - Crosland, Mann or Bosch and which part no. fits my Yaris?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the grade of oil will depend on the climatemy data does indeed show that 5W30 is on the list but reccommended for -29 to +10°C ambient temperaturewhereas the 10W30 is meant for -18 to + 38°C hence my recommendation of the slightly thicker oil - however 5W30 will be fine too for 90% of the Uk climate any of those filter manufacturer's are fine , I 'd go with Crosland if it was me and I don't have the part number available I'm afraid but they are stocked by euro car parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll leave the final decision on oil to my family member who is doing my service. I have already checked out Euro Car Parts and I too fancy the Crosland oil and air filters. Much appreciated! Very prompt service!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think I will use this again. Now realise all this info is in the handbook and Haynes Manual.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understood bear in mind that just answer can help with all sorts of technical issues not just the basics