Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have 2011 Toyota Prius and there's same big noise coming

Hi I have 2011 Toyota Prius and there's same big noise coming from the back of the engine when the car is on P with the engine running when I press the gas pedal the noise isn't that big but is still there someone says the transmission is gone Is that true?the car is only 80k miles and I replace the gear box oil at 60k miles so please let me know I am a taxi driver when the car is broken my kids are starving
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And the all engine is shaking and same ugly smelling around
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And this is happening once on every 3 days so not all the time so happens today and then next few days the engine and everything else is working fine is very strange if you want I can send you a sort video to see exactly what is going on thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was sent you a video I am not sure if you get that thanks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I will continue to wait anyway for your answer and please let me know if you get the video which I try to send you that's show exactly what I want to tell you. I don't have any mechanics a round me to trust them all of them are about money sadly but that's the truth. Thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.
Hello the video hasn't come through but this sounds like the exhaust may be leaking ? this will create a loud blowing noise and a lack of powerI'd start by checking all the exhaust joints - where the manifold joins the head and the down pipe joints just before the catylst - the best way to do this is to start the engine from cold and feel around each joint with your bare hands - feeling for exhuast gas blowing over your fingers - you'll have about 30 seconds before it all gets too hot
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years