indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have just been advised that the clutch on my 07 plate Toyota

I have just been advised that the clutch on my 07 plate Toyota Rav4 needs replacing soon as it is 'biting at the bottom'. The car has done 75500 miles. I would have thought it would last a lot longer than this. I realise that this is very much effected by the way and the conditions the vehicle is driven. I would say that this one has always been driven with respect and it has not been used to tow. In your experience, what would you say is a rough average of a life of a clutch on the Rav4.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi . This is a hard question to ask ,as basically you have answered it yourself . But i think as you 75k is low and checking on data the average is in this area or 75 - 85k miles not km.If you are a town /city driver then this could be why in your case , Driving with your foot resting on the clutch pedal ,hilly areas and slipping clutch on hill starts waiting in traffic jams on a hill and slipping clutch to hold position .etc. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.