indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485
Toyota

I need to replace yaw rate sensor of my Toyota Corolla

Hello. I need to replace... Show More
Hello. I need to replace yaw rate sensor of my Toyota Corolla Verso. I'd like to know where it is located ?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Corolla Verso 2004, 1.8 VTI, yaw rate sensor - part No 89183 02020. During driving ABS, VTR, TRC lights twinkle.
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Toyota
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

What problems did you have as the yaw rate sensor very rare to fail may just need recalibrating with the toyota scan tool .

What malfunction codes did you have .

Rgds Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
During driving on high way ABS, VSC, TRC indicators start blinking from time to time. From workshop told me that yaw rate sensor is for replacement, but did not told me malfunction codes. They told me only part No. 89183 02020. As I doubt that it is for replacement I'd like to check - may be is something more simple and no replacement is necessary
indy-tech, Import tech replied 1 year ago.

I would first check out a good repair shop that is set up to work on Toyota vehicles .

and see if you just need resetting .

see this many times where battery's have gone bad and set off this code so when new battery fitted just needed to reset the yaw .

Rgds Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to know to access this sensor

Yaw rate sensor is located in the middle consul .remove this and you will see the sensor bolted down with two M10 bolts .

Kind regards Greg