indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I am planning to replace the entire suspension in my fj

I am planning to replace the entire suspension in my fj cruiser. Currently the vehicle seems a bit bouncy and nose dives when I brake. My driving is 70% on road and 30% off road. The off road is not very serious off-roading...
I am therefore thinking of bilstein coilovers 6112 for the front and the 5165 shocks for the rear. My other options are TJM 2'' lift suspension kits (though i am not keen on lifting the vehicle)
What would be your advice. The suggestions could be different to the above.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi nicola
it is fine I will wait while you look for an expert.
thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).

Depending on how much you want to spend then i highly recommend the Fox suspension .

for the front please click >>>here<<<

For the rear please click >>>here<<<

Or pick out your own choice ..

If you Don't want to lift then personally i would stay with OEM factory suspension .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi greg
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, i couldnt open the link to the front shocks.
I believe the rear shocks cost around $300?
My budget is 1500-$2000 for 2 front coil overs and rear shocks.
thanks i look forward to your reply
kunal

Okay good then fox is sure for you .

Front

Rear

One of the best on the aftermarket .

But if you want to go one step better click >>>here<<<

OR DIRECT TO KING, Click here and then scroll down . but very expensive .

Rgds Greg

This link i sent above you can go though and pick out which you would like .>>>Click here<<<

All makes and types offered .

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks greg.
lastly, i have located a dealer who has in stock the 2.0 fox shock coil over. however the rear one that he has is just the 2.0 without the reservoir. should i go ahead with it? will there be any difference performance wise? i know that the reservoir helps in heat dissipation and the duration of the life...

Yes you can use this one just a bit cheaper but are also good ,2.5 would be better .

Greg

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks greg!

Thank you Kunal..

Need anything else in the future reference your FJ look me up.

Click five (5) starts so i get credited for this question

Rgds Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .