indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have a 2002 hilux with a p1226 falt. changed the throttle

Customer Question

hi i have a 2002 hilux with a p1226 falt. changed the throttle position sensor on the peddle,throttle body, common rail, cleaned tank changed filter.if start the truck with revs its ok until the revs drop to nearly tick over before engine light comes on. then into limp mode. have you any ideas please
Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?
Customer: no
Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Toyota?
Customer: think ex pick up 2.4 d4d
Assistant: Are you fixing your EX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes,changed the throttle position sensor on the peddle,throttle body, common rail, cleaned tank changed filter.if start the truck with revs its ok until the revs drop to nearly tick over before engine light comes on. then into limp mode. have you any ideas please
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no think thats it thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i will weight , I forgot to say that i have also changed the suction control valve and all the small suction hoses on the engine.thanks alex
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

P1226 has many definitions, all of which are related to Throttle position sensor, Control Sleeve Malfunction or Fuel Pressure leakage.

The Code 1226 :Excessive fuel pressure leakage.

This code could be caused by something else in the fuel delivery system that's putting the Fuel Pressure out of its Parameters due to a Leak in the system.
other posible cause 's The Pressure Discharge Valve, Injector lift Sensor, Throttle position sensor or Control sleeve on the pump.

Due to the complexity of this system I would recommend that you find a Garage with techstream Equipment to test the operation of all these components and calibrate or program if needed.

In some cases we have replaced the pump to overcome this problem and the The Pressure Discharge Valve on the fuel rail, these where the most two common issue s for this code .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have replaced the rail with the 2 sensors on and pressured the entire fuel system up from the tank and over 3 hours i don't lose any pressure. chained the 2 throttle position sensors. when plugged in to a computer the egr on top of the cat is only moving a couple of percent. do you think this may be the cause

If you clear all codes and do a test drive what code come back .

Now after clearing codes switch ignition off then back to ON three times check for codes .is the same code back....

If no codes start engine let idle for a few minutes does the code come back .No

then test drive does the code come back only when test driving.

Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
code only comes back when on idle, if i keep the revs up the code stays away and computer passes it. as soon as the revs drop to idle the code comes back. if i turn the car off start it with revs the code is not there. drop the revs back to idle and the code reapers again

What is the fuel pressure at idle .

And again at 1500 rom.

Greg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry don't know as i used a car tyre pump set it to a couple of psi and as the pump did not make up in the 3 hours i though
t that would mean there are no leeks. took the flexible pipe from the filter in the tank off, connected the pump to it and clamped the return pipe to the tank. i had no leeks, sprayed all joints with spray for gas leeks which bubbles up on any leeks. i sprayed every 30 mins to make sure no leeks.

Hi, this is a hard issue to diagnose not being there at the car , so i will opt out in the hope someone has had a problem like yours that can help you .

Rgds Greg