Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Toyota landcruise, while driving heard a knocking

Customer Question

I have a Toyota landcruise, while driving heard a knocking noise from engine, there was very little oil left, no oil warning light came on, the engine is turning over, do you think the the entire engine is damaged?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine is turning over but not starting and you had a knocking noise issue as well with this fault here it is very possible the engine itself is damaged.I have seen the engine become damaged in the past before causing this fault here needing replaced.The oil warning may not have come on if there was an issue with the oil pressure or level sensors.I have seen some of these sensors act up before causing no warning and can lead to engine damage.You would need to have the engine inspected/checked to see if there is damage needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete