Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Toyota proace van 2014, shudder at low speed, start, 52000

Customer Question

Toyota proace van 2014, shudder at low speed, hill start, 52000 miles
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

I'd begin by checking for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

Also it would also be worthwhile bleeding the clutch to ensure that its moving smoothly

bleed fresh fluid through until its coming out clear from the bleed nipple

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt