UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

i believe he drove my car to get his dope from mine then crashed

Customer Question

i believe he drove my car to get his dope from mine then crashed it and b cos he takes drugs, he came bk to house and woke me up and threw me out and called police, as he would have bn in worse trouble as drug drive offence for him if caught
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Yes this would have been driving under the influence.

Ideally you would want to call him as a defence witness, but I am not sure whether he would attend.

It would help if he gave evidence for you.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he made a statement tht nite to say he was not driving the car, he is being called to court as police said he was in pyjamas and dressing gown and i said tht he does not own pyjamas, as if the police are saying tht he would not have had time to change into all that in a short time, ensuring tht it couldnt be hm driving, he is a named driver so why wasnt he breathalised, also he would of bn drinkin as he does every nite at least 2 cans ,

Your lawyer can therefore undermine his evidence and try to get him to admit he was driving.

I realise that this is stressful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

i have just bn made redundant too , i only went there for som empathy, he is an on off partner who i cannot live with b cos of his drug habits wish i stayed home now. wish i could remember wht happened truly i do. but i will not admit to something i do not know im supposed to have done. is there a chance tht this would not go to trial, aft my not guilty plea, as i do not think they have enough evidence

That makes no difference whether or not you were made redundant.

No - it will go to trial because the Police would not have charged it.

So it will go to trial.

But the Police need to prove you were driving beyond reasonable doubt.

Any doubt then you will be not guilty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i know it makes no difference , just chatting really, this is a nightmare for me. the police say it s my car wheels were warm whn they were called on way saw my mini in ditch, arrived house and i was drunk outside the house wth key on my person, well i had no pockets so not sure wht thy mean by tht, thy say i said ' i didnt do anything deliberately' which i denied at the station and i said i wantd tht on record tht i never said tht, and whn he told the ergant tht my car was in a ditch i was in big shock and said to them 'my car s in a ditch, no way' how

Yes I understand.

I wish you luck with this - please remember to rate this answer too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think their evidence is still weak

Yes.

I do not think, based on what you have said, there is enough for a conviction.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your advise. i will rate you excellent. thnx agn debbie. are all yor replies on my email as i need the one about wht the police need to prove, ie witness etc

Please rate excellent on the rating system.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice