Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have just recently been notified of a motoring offence....speeding

Customer Question

I have just recently been notified of a motoring offence....speeding at 37 mph in a 30 mile zone.....but it was for a car i sold in november and I'm certain it was a prospective buyer of the car on a test drive who committed the offence..

I had approx 6 people in total who tried it out along the route in question, which was basically out my entrance and up the road...in each case they left their car behind.

I only have one name, the person who bought.

I was the owner but not the driver so have i defence against the awarding of three points and fine
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. i will try to help with this.

Is there any way you can find out who the other drivers were?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No sorry...only the person who bought the car......

OK.

Was it really one of these people? You are anonymous on here so its safe to be clear with me.

Only I know that these claims are a common recommendation at the moment on some sites and these nominations seem to be on the increase as a result.

Also, I'm afraid its probably not going to be credible that you cannot say who was test driving your car.