Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was charged with drink driving but the case has now been

Customer Question

I was charged with drink driving but the case has now been dismissed by CPA; will this show on the crb check ( enhanced or basic) and is it something I will need to disclose to the SRA when I apply even though CPS dismissed prior to case management hearing.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

The fact of the investigation and prosecution will show on enhanced checking CRB but it will be recorded that you were not convicted. It will not show on standard or basic.

It is something that you will need to disclose in an application to the SRA but its not likely to make a huge difference. Its not an offence of dishonesty and, take it from me, there are many barristers with convictions for drink driving.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.