Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a letter VOSA/Toyota in April 2013 notifying me

Customer Question

I received a letter VOSA/Toyota in April 2013 notifying me of a recall on my Toyota Yaris 52 plate due to potential airbag problems and stating that no action to be taken until I hear from them again. I am a Driving Instructor and I have been to test numerous times since this letter, however I went to test on Monday with my pupil in Hither Green and was refused to go to test due to the recall.

I telephoned Toyota (main dealer) after the refused test to be told, that they have not been advised when the remedial work is to be carried out and no parts have been received to remedy the fault. I was directed to Toyota Customer Services at the Head Office who confirm that the information is correct and that the DSA have jump the gun with refusing tests at this stage.

I feel that I am between a rock and a hard place with lots of tests coming up and not being able to fulfil my duty to my pupils.

Please can someone help resolve this matter as I feel I will not be the only Instructor having this problem.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry for the delay youve experienced

What did you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I may have sorted this problem as i've just received a call from the managing director of Toyota customer services who is putting wheels in motion for me to get my car repaired as soon as possible

No problem.

All the best.