Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi there,I am due in court today in relation to a summons

Customer Question

Hi there,

I am due in court today in relation to a summons for failing to supply information as to who was the owner of a car.

This is the 2nd hearing as the first was adjourned because I had not received some documentation that was supposed to be sent out 14 days prior. The magistrate ordered that the CPS send them again. I was to contact the courts if they did not arrive. I contacted the court to inform them that I still have not had them. They informed me that they had contacted CPS who had informed them that had already served them on the 6th and had not sent a further copies.

I will be attending court this afternoon as it is now proceeding. The first I knew of this was back in December when a summons in the name of the secretary of Perrys building maintenance ltd , a company that I own. Within the bundle of papers attached to the summons there is a form that they say was sent asking for the information of the driver at the time of the speeding offence. This is addressed to XXXXX XXXXX building maintenance and the summons Is addressed to The Secretary PERRY'S Building Maintenance Ltd. also enclosed is a statement from a witness stating what particulars had been sent. It also states on this statement that ownership in this case was acquired through automatic transfer of data direct to the DVLA record relating to the ownership and identification of the vehicle in question.

I have the original V5c document which clearly states that PERRY's Limos acquired the said vehicle on 23rd June 2012 and the V5c document was issued on the 3rd July 2012.

What I suppose I'm asking is can this be thrown out on a technicality. Although I have told the court that I plead guilty to the offence of the speeding but I'm pleading not guilty to the offence of failing to supply information.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What speed were you doing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
36 in a 30.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
for jomo1972
hi Jo

I was doing 36 in a 30.

If this is a s172 form then you would normally be asked do supply details of the driver not the owner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jomo1972

That's correct it was the driver. But we never received it.

Can I just be clear about this? You are saying that this ticket was acquired before you bought the car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jom1972
No I was drinking the car. May I suggest u read my very first coment again.

The point is that they are taking PERRY'S building maintenance to court. They have never owned the car. I am in court at 2pm so would appreciate a speedy answer.
Sorry. I will opt out.

I see you have been displeased with other answers and I can do no better
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For jomo1972
Than you for wasting my time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it will to late now. I'm not very happy with the service today and the previous solicitor.

Could you please arrange for a full refund.

XXXXX XXXXX.