Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Got caught doing 51 in a 30.. what am i looking at if i plead

Customer Question

Got caught doing 51 in a 30.. what am i looking at if i plead guilty?
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Do you have any other points please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No this would be my first offence.. Been driving for4 years. Caught me with the gun.

Proceeding on the basis that they do not offer you a fixed penalty fine or a speed awareness course, you are facing either 6 points or a ban for 7 - 56 days.

They should not offer a fixed penalty or a speed awareness course for a speed this high over the limit but I would not be surprised if they do. They regularly disapply the guidelines when it suits them!

If they do summons you though, realistically this would lead to 6 points. This is right at the lowest point of the sentencing bracket and there is no particular aggravation here. It would not justify an immediate ban.

Since you have been driving for more than 2 years this would not render you to revocation under the new drivers' scheme so you should not have any difficulty with driving away from court.

There will also be a fine proportionate to your means. Usually between 75-125% of your weekly income and costs of £85 plus the surcharge of £15.

That said, they may forget to summons you. Sometimes that does happen.