75100385

good morning .i got my car insurance cancelled because the

Customer Question

good morning .i got my car insurance cancelled because the copy of my driving licence was
too black and they ask to me more then 400£ because of the cancellation and they don't want give me any refund for the first payment that i did of 390£.thank you,
regards, andrew
Category: Traffic Law

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know what do you mean by it was too black?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

the copy of the driving licence wasn't too clear

AlexWatts2013 : Did they not ask you for a further copy? Did you not see that the copy was not clear when you sent it in please?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

i made the copy and the copy its fine but i sent the copy by fax

AlexWatts2013 : Did they not ask you for a further copy? Why did they need a copy if your licence?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

so i don't know how they get it

JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

they ask for a 2 copy and i sent a 2copy

AlexWatts2013 : And was that not clear also? Did you fax that?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

i don't know why they need the copy

JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

yes

AlexWatts2013 : Did they say the first copy was unclear?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

yes

AlexWatts2013 : Did you not think to post a copy or email it?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

no

AlexWatts2013 : Could you post a copy to them now?
JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

its too late

JACUSTOMER-f5fjcjlz- :

they cancelled my policy

AlexWatts2013 : Did you call them and ask?
AlexWatts2013 : What you should do is call and/or write to them with a copy of your licence and say if they refuse to reinstate you wish to make a fromal complaint. This will be investigated through their complaints procedure, which they should send you a copy of. If you are still unhappy then you can take this matter to the regulator. They are at www.financial-ombudsman,gov.uk - however if they do not uphold your complaint you could take it to the county court but if there is a negative finding from the ombudsman any claim is unlikely to succeed.
AlexWatts2013 : In order to bring a county court claim you can issue it online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. The court will issue a claim and they will have a limited time to defend it, if they fail to do so you can get judgment against them and enforce it. Howeevr
AlexWatts2013 : However if it is defended the matter will go to trial and be heard by a judge in an office (chambers) who will make a decision.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex