75100385

Hello, today I received my letter to plead guilty or not guilty

Customer Question

Hello, today I received my letter to plead guilty or not guilty to speeding, it has in event description that Constable greenhill and shearer were carrying out a laser speed check at 1432 hours, but on the caution/carge page it says "about 12:35" I was cautioned and charged. I wasn't caught at 12:35 so should I plead not guilty?
Category: Traffic Law

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

I assume it is a summons you have received? But the time is incorrect?

JACUSTOMER-8b4kqkqj- :

Yes

Alex Watts :

I assume you accept that you were speeding?

JACUSTOMER-8b4kqkqj- :

Yes at 1432 hours

Alex Watts :

Then an information can be simply amended upon application to the Court if it becomes a material issue. However just because the time is wrong does not mean you can not be prosecuted. Therefore in my view you should consider pleading guilty. If you plead not guilty the Prosecutor will amend the summons and call evidence to support the prosecution. If you lose you would be liable for fine, points and Court costs of £620 minimum.

Alex Watts :

I realise this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I do have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this please? Alex

JACUSTOMER-8b4kqkqj- :

Ok thats fine thanks

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

Alex Watts :

Thank you for your positive rating – I am always happy to help if you have future questions. Please start them with ‘For Alex W’. Thanks.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/