Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

we have a new employee who has recently arrived from Israel.

Customer Question

we have a new employee who has recently arrived from Israel. He has been driving on his Isreali and Canadian driving licenses. He has, in the past 6 weeks, been caught speeding 6 times. We only just found out due to the fact that the notices were sent to a previous address and we only just picked up the post. 5 of them were in a 30mph zone where he was doing under 40mph and the other one he was doing 69 on the motorway in a 50mph average zone. He has a young family (2 girls under the age of 5) and he needs the car to do the job he was brought to the UK to do. Where do we stand? what options do we have to prevent him from being banned?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny, has he been driving your company vehicles at the time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

why does the status still say that you're waiting for me? I have responded twice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you still there?

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
I have no idea why as I have not received any response so sorry about that there must be a technical problem. Are you asking this question from a Traffic Law or an Employment Law point of view?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We are asking from a Traffic Law perspective. He is not actually an employee but is seconded to us. We own the vehicle but he is now the registered keeper. Previously his predecessor was the registered keeper, and actually the fines are in his name, but he has now left the country and the new guy was driving.

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Ok I will opt out as I am an employment law specialist. No need to respond to me, someone else will pick this up who will be able to answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

any idea when someone will respond?