Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi, I just have been pulled by the police on M4/ highway/

I just have been pulled by the police on M4/ highway/ .I was driving with 100 miles per hour and the police saw me because they were driving behind me. The put everything on a piece of paper and said that I've got to wait for the court decision. Also they told me that most likely I will loose my driving license because I was driving with more than 96 miles per hour.
Can I do something in order not to loose my driving license. I work as a private driver and if I loose it I'm gonna loose my job and I've got family with two kids
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there something I can do to save my driving license

I'm sorry for the delay. I lost my connection.

I wouldn't worry about what the police told you. They are not usually brilliant students of law.

However, if this is a 70 mph zone and you were doing 100mph then the sentencing guidelines say that you are facing either 4-6 points or a ban of between 7- 28 days.

Realistically you are at the very top of the sentencing bracket so there is a risk of a ban but it will be short.

Miles per hour over the speed limit is not the only consideration for sentencing though. Also they need to consider the danger caused by your speed.

You want to be emphasising the shortness of any distance driven at speed, the absence of traffic, the clarity of conditions etc - if indeed those are points you can truthfully make.

Unfortunately though, this is an outright ban so exceptional hardship is not a defence or a consideration for the court.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’