75100385

I am facing possible prosecution for an alleged RTC in a local

Customer Question

I am facing possible prosecution for an alleged RTC in a local multi storey car park. On parking ,vehicle on full right lock, my vehicle slipped on the tires an slightly touched another parked vehicle. I immediately stopped exited my vehicle and checked the other vehicle for damage. I could see none visible on this vehicles front nearside. I completed parking and accompanied by my wife we checked again no damage to either vehicle. A male approached and became aggressive, he was not the owner of the vehicle in question. He became very aggressive and pulled another person into the situation. I kept backing away to reduce the possibility of conflict. Had there been any visible damage I would have left my details and contact number on the vehicle in question. I did not report this to the Police this was done by the witness
Category: Traffic Law

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I assume it is for failure to report the accident please?
JACUSTOMER-6f75bfa0- :

As far as I am aware but does this come under the definition of road or public place as it is not used for general traffic use just to access and exit designated parking spaces

Alex Watts : I assume it is a public car park?
Alex Watts : ie council?
JACUSTOMER-6f75bfa0- :

No not council its a multi

JACUSTOMER-6f75bfa0- :

-

JACUSTOMER-6f75bfa0- :

Not council a private multi storey for a shopping arcade and hotel

Alex Watts : Ok, but the general public have access to come and go I assume?
JACUSTOMER-6f75bfa0- :

Yes but only reason would be to go to/from cars, there is no access to any other premises

Alex Watts : What is the offence please?