Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi I got a parking ticket in Hampton Court ,station coach

Customer Question

I got a parking ticket in Hampton Court ,station coach park
When I parked along side other vehicle park just as before. I always looked for any signs to see if it's a no parking place none to be found. But since the ticket I have found a sign on the entrance, this sign has other rules or statementsall in one sign. This is coach turning entrance so it hard to see/notice. The area is a big area with a car dealer at the end of it.
I was parked down the end near the dealership. You can't see the sign on the entrance because the distance 50 mtrs and it's facing the wrong way.and there are no other sighs.
Nice parking spot
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo again
You advised me on a s21 notice for eviction of my tenants .
Was wondering what the law is with parking on private land and signs
Its the railway byelaws on the ticket
You can't see any signs from where I parked at all
Andy
Railway by laws are a different.

Who is the issuer of this fine and what is the railway by law breached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo
Cp plus are the issuer
All vehicles are parked to the railway byelaws and any breach may result in prosecution.section 219 of the transport act 2000-railway byelaws,section14 under which cp plus has lawful authority to issue this penalty for £80 for the following reason . Code:03/11

Do they have any evidence that you were the driver?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they don't

Railway by law breaches are a bit of a hybrid parking fine. They are the only parking fine that remains now where they have to prove who was driving.

It is simple enough to write back suggesting they take this matter up with the driver who, of course, they cannot identify.

The risk though that I should warn you about is that they may prosecute you and breaches of the railway by law are criminal offences. They are not very serious criminal offences and the chances of them acting are not high but they do remain criminal offences and that might be unattractive.

You can also fight this on the basis of adequacy of signs but the inability to identify the driver is a safer point.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.