Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

my partner has recently started to work for a company as a

Customer Question

my partner has recently started to work for a company as a driver. he was told he has insurance on the car given by the company. on a routine traffic control he was told by the police officer that he actually does not show insurance on the vehicle he was driving and his car was impounded. also he was very closed to being arrested (as his manager was not answering the phone to confirm my partner works for him). the police officer said my partner may be asked to come to court. please advise what sort of penalitis he may face and what is the worst case scenario?
thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I presume he has no other points?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, and he only came recently to UK so he was still using the european driving licence

Thanks for the information.

The worst case scenario isnt really one that you need to worry about as it won't happen. That is that he will be banned and fined.

That isn't going to happen though. If this is a no insurance matter then he will be give 6 points and a fine.

If there was legitimate reason for him not to know that he was not insured then he might have a special reasons challenge to the addition of points to his licence though. I can give you more information upon that if you would like although its not really what you asked about. Also, I will need to know more about how this came about.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/