Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

police asked me to pull over on one road but put the name of

Customer Question

police asked me to pull over on one road but put the name of the road i stopped on, on the ticket. it was an unmarked police car
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they wanted me to stop on monument way because i was using my mobile phone but i drove a bit further onto hale road and on my ticket it says the alleged offence was committed on hale road. also it was an unmarked police car and they were not wearing police hats. does this invalidate the ticket?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was asked to pull over on monument way for talking on my mobile phone. i drove a bit further and they asked me to pull over into a petrol station on hale road. the ticket states that the alleged offence was committed on hale road. also they were driving an unmarked police car and the police were not wearing their helmets. does any of this invalidate the penalty notice

Sorry for the delay.

Is there any reason you think this might invalidate it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let me explain myself more clearly.

The police flashed me on Monument Way, I stopped on the side of the road, they told to continue a few hundred yards to a petrol station in Hale Road where they issued the ticket. On the ticket it states that the offence was in Hale Road when in actuality the offence was in Monument Way only the ticket was issued in Hale Road. Is that a reason to invalidate a ticket?

It doesn't invalidate it.

It just amounts to something you could run at court as indeed the contravention was not committed at that location.

The problem with it is that they will just amend the particulars when they find this problem. The Crown are always amending the charges at a belated stage.

That doesn't do anything about the original ticket which they can't amend but the chances that the court would find it incredible because of the incorrect location are never high.

That said, you never have a high chance at the Magistrates Court. You just have to take the opportunity as far as ethics allows.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/