Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi I was pulled up by the police for stopping at a red light

Hi I was pulled up by the police for stopping at a red light but my car was over the white line. I didn't go through the red light, I waited until green. It's been 8 weeks since the incident and I haven't hearted anything. In my statement I said I was a hit tired and was observing the junction not the line. What do you think is happening been a long time now. Thanks
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

They actually have six months to lay an information before the court and they often do wait until the very end so the fact of the delay does not mean anything at all really.

They will just be dealing with thousands of other cases..

They may offer a fixed penalty or summons you to court or forget to summons. That does happen sometimes.

You were stopped at scene so they don't need to send out a nip within 13 days.