Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Two questions. I wanted information about possible railway

Customer Question

Two questions. I wanted information about possible railway line closures. I was traveling from London to Stoke on business. I was kept waiting for over an hour by Virgin Customer services. I hung up in disgust, and got the answer within a minute from my local station.

I have set up an account with Gumtree. Cannot log in (site blocks me) and I contacted Customer Services by phone. I am automatically being cut off after ten rings or so. And I am paying 35p/min for the privilege!
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have I got grounds for complaint about the awful service I got, and how do I go about it?

What do you want to complain about? I presume the delay on the first occasion but what about the second?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Just to make sure it doesn't happen to me or to anybody else. Nobody should have to waster their time like that..

Ok.

So what is your complaint about the second incident please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was planning a business trip London to Stoke by train. Needed to know if I needed to make alternative arrangements (power lines down?) Travel from another station? Found out was all OK from my local station. Couldn't get through either, but is 15 minutes walk away. Gave myself two days notice.

Ok.

Sorry if I'm missing the point but I am not sure what your complaint is here and against whom?

What has this got to do with Gumtree?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two separate issues. Gumtree's e-mail traffic wouldn't let me log on, even after verifying e-mail addrerss and passwords. Problem now seems to have been resolved

Thanks for the information

Dealing with the first incident, you are free to complain about this. You can make a complaint about anything you like. They may even offer you something in compensation.

If you are asking whether you can sue for damages though then Im afraid I cannot give you good news. You do not have a claim against them. You do not have a contract with them to the effect that a call will be answered within a certain period of time. Obviously this is bad customer services but that doesn’t give rise to a claim in damages.

In relation to the second incident, I’m afraid that there is no claim there either. Gumtree do not guarantee access to the site. Any site can be subject to bugs.

Sorry if this is bad news.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/