Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

with regards XXXXX XXXXX planning. Does the developer have to inform

Customer Question

with regards XXXXX XXXXX planning. Does the developer have to inform the purchaser of the fact that they cannot buy street parking permits and am therefore held to the purchase of the property's parking spaces.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have bought a property, which at the time of purchase was offered a parking space for an additional £20,000.

I declined this as my mortgage would not be able to cover this extra cost, and think £20k is too high. I also thought I could apply for a street parking permit.

At no time did the vendor inform me that I am unable to buy a street parking permit due to the property having it's own underground parking facilities.

This I find unfair, as now I cannot park my car anywhere.

I’m sorry but the news here is not going to be good for you.

This is a matter between you and the developer not you and the local authority in respect of the 106 agreement which is planning obligation.

Unfortunately, Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) applies.

The Seller is under no duty to disclose anything to a buyer unless the specific enquiries had been raised. If they have, then the seller must answer them honestly.

It would not be unreasonable for the seller to tell you the situation with parking and the fact that permits were not available but the seller is under no duty to do so.

I’m sorry that this is bad news for you

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/