Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hello I am due at Leeds magistrates court on Friday 11th April

I am due at Leeds magistrates court on Friday 11th April for "wrongly displaying a disabled badge to which I was not entitled. Contrary to section 117 of the road traffic act 1984"

My mitigating circumstances were I was stressed and in my way to attend a psychiatric assessment to determine disability for another legal matter. I also had a physical knee problem which was operated on four weeks later

Any advice would be welcomed
Thank you. Dab
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know if I can defend this myself or if legal representation would be beneficial

You are always better off with legal representation. You may get legal aid. You may not. If you do not then you will be left with the choices of paying privately or self representing.

I am not sure whether you intend to fight this or not? If you intend pleading guilty then it is generally easier to mitigate yourself than it is to run a trial.

Is there anything else you wanted to know?