Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was Traveling along the a 614from bridlington to Google and

I was Traveling along the a 614from bridlington to Google and from a distance saw a speed camera van on my side of the road . When l saw it I was over tacking a van as I got in front of it I was doing 88mph then I bracked and slowed to 54 MPH as I passed the police van what could happen
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would like to know what prossicution i might get in respect of a fine or points or a ban as i drive for a living and currently have a clean driving licience for the last 19years

thank you.

What was the speed limit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lm no sure it was an a road either 50 or60 . it was a to way road.

With a central reservation in the middle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just long white lines spaced out

Thanks,.

Its a 60 mph zone then unless there were other reductions.

If this is 88 mph worse case scenario then that would place you into the middle of the second sentencing bracket which would lead to 4-6 points or a ban of between 7-28 days and a fine of between 125-175% of your weekly income plus costs of £85 and the surcharge of roughly £35.

It is possilbe that the speeds they recorded you at are much lower in which case you would just be facing a fixed penalty fine or a speed awareness course.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how would i be notified and how long would it take and also would they take my clear licience into account thank you.

They have to send a NIP out within 14 days of the offence demanding details of the driver.

They do not take your clean licence into account when determining sentence but it will mean that you are not liable to a ban as a totter.