Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

hi. Ive lied to the police about my driving licence, said

hi. I've lied to the police about my driving licence, said I have a full polish driving licence where i only have provisional, what can they do to me?
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've been stopped for driving and talking on mobile, I am a polish citizen, I have british provisional, but i said i have full polish driving licence, so they cant take car away, i don't have a polish driving licence and they asked me to produce it

were you given a HORTI? So you have to produce your details at a police station?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, by tomorrow midnight, I know I'm gonna be in trouble for this, I am a single parent on paternity leave, and I'm due to move back to poland next month, the question really is, what can I do to avoid action that might stop me from leaving the country

They will not stop you leaving the country.

What may happen though is that if you leave the country then they will convict you in absence of any arising traffic offences.

If you cannot produce your details then you just do not attend the police station.

Most likely they would just summons you to court for the trigger offences. It is possible that they could also summons you for obstructing a police officer but that only carries a fine as well.

There is a minimal chance of a prosecution for perverting the course of justice but its less than 1%.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, if I need anyone to represent me in the court, can I use your company services?

This is a question and answer site and I cannot represent you in court under its rules.

If this leads to a court action though then I can probably make some referrals for you to others.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/