Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was issued with a PCN by Redbridge Council Enforcement Officer,

Customer Question

I was issued with a PCN by Redbridge Council Enforcement Officer, which I received in post, for stopping on the forecourt of a high raise flat, due to rain, to pick up my daughter to take her to work. On the way onto the road, I might have stopped for more than a few seconds on the footpath section of the road.
It took one minute as a whole . The offence I committed is 'Parked with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway'.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know if I committed a traffic offence please.

The url for the Redbridge Council for my PCN is given below

http://www.redbridge.gov.uk/Parking/Pay

That vehicle would appear to be parked with all four wheels on the footpath.

I'm not sure on what basis there could be a challenge here? The photographic evidence seems fairly clear and damning.

You do, in fact, seem to accept the contravention.

You can always appeal these things. Maybe they will forget to prepare the matter for Adjudication. That does happen sometimes.

However, on these facts, if they do prepare them properly you would lose as there is a contravention and you do not seem to have a defence.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for your expert opinion.

I never realised that we should not stop on the footpath section, to avoid a possible accident when, suddenly, you notice that another vehicle is approaching you on the road.

I will pay up.

Thanks again

Well, they can be very inconsistent about whether they enforce it but certainly, within the London Boroughs, there is a contravention of parking on a footway that needs no signing.

I'm very sorry.