Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

There is a disabled parking box partly outside my house. No

There is a disabled parking box partly outside my house. No blue notice has been put on the wall yet. Is it legal for me to use this place until such time as the blue notice gets put on the wall. At the moment the space is used by the "disabled" ladies car, her son's car and her daughter's car. Parking is very limited and I very rarely able to park outside my house for the three cars of the next door neighbour.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I presume this space is for any blue badge user?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure as it is only the painted box on the road with "disabled" painted on it. There are no signs at all in the area of the white box.

Yes, thats a generic bay for any person displaying a blue badge.

Do these people display a blue badge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They display the badge in whichever car happens to be parked there.

That is misuse of the blue badge system and it can be reported to the council.

They are cracking down on this type of fraud so they would be interested to hear from you.

It would be helpful if you gathered evidence on the point such as photographs of the badge being displayed in a variety of vehicles but, in principle, that can be reported to them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does this mean that even if no badge is displayed on the wall to say it is parking for disabled persons only, no-one else can park there unless they display a disabled badge.

If its a disabled bay then only the disabled should be parking it and that would be signified by a blue badge.