Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have issued with a DUI I was at 88 and when my blood through

Customer Question

I have issued with a DUI I was at 88 and when my blood through breathlizer returned to 82 I was released. I am horrified and have rejoined AA and I am looking into a home detox. My court date was set for June 10. I am scheduled to take my two boys to Florida on June 12th. Is there anyway I can get my court date changed to June 27th? They are only 21 and cannot drive the rent-a car. I am an American citizen with a permanent right to remain in the UK. I have resided here for 23 years. I work full time and I separated from a British citizen. My boys have dual citizenship.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Are you asking if you have to attend?

I notice that you haven't yet rated a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I now I have to attend! I just want to know if there is a way to postpone my date so that I can go to my America and drive my kids there. I am asking how ca I postpone my date to June 27th? I don't know how I can rate your effectiveness until I get your answer.

Remember I am an American citizen with a permanent right to remain in England due to my full time job in University system and my marriage , which is now in separation from an English citizen. My children are now 21 and they have dual citizenship.

Nancy XXXXX

I can't believe I wasn't clear in my first question, of course I know I must attend, I just want to postpone the time so that I can rent - a - car in America.

Thank you again

No, you won't be able to do that until I answer. I was referring to your previous question answered by a different expert.

If you have a pre booked holiday then the court will sometimes reschedule to accommodate that although they may not particularly like the proposal that you are going to drive.

You cannot guarantee it. They do not have to do anything at all. They usually will if they see evidence of a pre booked holiday.

You need to contact the court and ask them to consider it and provide evidence that this was a pre booked visit. Do not put a letter in the post. It will take weeks before it reaches the right person and then it will probably be too late. Magistrates Court staff do not always answer phones particularly quickly especially at the moment. They will tell you that you have to write in but get a fax number and send it by fax so that you can at least prove that it was sent.

There is a case reported today that really helps you if you are still interested?