Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Insurance company want to see a copy of my licence for a pay

Customer Question

Insurance company want to see a copy of my licence for a pay out I had points when I had incident but have now expired can they see this
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Why didn't you renew?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My points have expired not my licence have got my licence back with noppoints showing insurance want a conference call with dvla can they ask, see my old points

Ok.

What I need to know is why you didn't renew?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Renew what

Your licence? When it expired?

or are you saying you did?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My licence never expired I had points when the accident occurred i didnt declare when i took out the policy they wrote my car off for the pay out they want a copy of my licence it had points on when this happened the points have now expired and I have had them removed can they see them with a conference call with the dvla

Yes, they can get access to that information from the DVLA. They don't necessarily see old licences but the DVLA records will reveal this.

There isn't really much more I can say on the point.

They do not always disallow claims for reasons of non disclosure. Sometimes they just ask you to pay the difference. However, there is a risk that they could disallow the claim.

Its difficult to predict what action they would take. I imagine its a high value claim so there is a risk they will be looking for an excuse to avoid paying.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.