Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

In a case where you bump slight into another car in front of

In a case where you bump slight into another car in front of you at a busy roundabout there was doubt if my car bumped into or the car in front rolled back the two drivers had a brief discussion with the car in front driver saying down worry about it no harm done then continued on their journey but recently we discovered that a claim for car and personal damages had been made and payed out without anyone contacting me about or even coming to access my car that was involved in the claim
Category: Traffic Law

Is the road on a hill? I am wondering why the vehicle in front would roll backwards because that is what you are going to have to prove if ever this gets to court.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The road is fairly level but my main concern is that the insurance company never informed me that a claim had been settled I only found out wen my son was insuring his car with me as an additional driver

Because of the circumstances of the accident you would have virtually no chance of defending this.

This kind of claim is dealt with on the balance of probabilities and therefore if it went to court, the judge must make a decision one way or the other so you would only need to prefer the other drivers version of events slightly more and your defence fails.

I must admit I am extremely surprised that if there has been a claim for personal injury they did not ask for your version of events before paying out.

Although it is not going to make any difference to the outcome in all probability you have a complaint to make to the Financial Ombudsman service which is here

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/financial-ombudsman-service

The Ombudsman will investigate the matter and decide whether the claim should have been paid out or not and whether they have breached their duty by not involving you.