LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
76316425

hello on 19/03/2014 another driver drove into the back of me

hello on 19/03/2014 another driver drove into the back of me he was adamant that he needed to go though the insurance even thought i said he didn't have to do so.he admitted full responsibility for the accident and my car was fixed. now when i insure my car i have to say that i was involved in an accident even thought it wasn't my fault it has made my insurance more expensive by at least 25% than what it should actually be. there must be some way that the other driver or his insurer should have to cover the extra cost that i now have on my insurance because how can it possible fair or right that i should have to sit back and accept the fact that i now have to x amount extra out of pocket because of someone else's incompetence? please help chris
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

I don't think that there is much you can do about this. The insurance companies will look at the actuarial tables and set their premiums accordingly. You could possibly bring a small claim against the other driver. Follow this link to see how https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview but there is a risk that this could lead to a further inccrease in premiums if he refers it to his insurers or if you declare to your insureres tat you have brougth a claim arising out of a motor accicent or if they find out in other ways. Maybe the best thing to do is to write a letter threatening action and demanding the money from the other driver but to view the letter as a bluff which may or may not work.