Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have had a brain tumour removed and prior to that I was unwell,

Customer Question

I have had a brain tumour removed and prior to that I was unwell, it was thouught that I had dementia. However on returning from hospital and started to feel better,I started going through paperwork that I had filled away, some being from the court, re a speeding fine 3 points and a £200 fine, and 6 points and a £645 for not reporting who was the driver if the vehicle. Not only that but I remembered the baliff cohming to pick up £1245, to which I told them to do one,then I was threatened with the police and a locksmith.However my daughter was passing after the police arrived and paid the low life .Anyhow I wrote to the court to ask for the case to be reopened, which they kindly did,but the magistrate wanted proof of my medical condition, the fact that I have a scar from one ear to the other was not a clue,so the case was adjourned until tomorrow, and I would like to know what redress I have, and also the chances of getting my money back from the court, because as I said in the letter what person in their right mind does not take 3 points and a fine. Hope that you can give me a few pointers.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought I had made it clear I need to know if I will be able to get my money back and if I can get the money back paid to the bailif, Because if I did not let them know who was driving the car how can they give me 3 points and £200 fine.

On what basis?

Surely you have been convicted in absence probably for failing to identify?

Did you complete the S172 form naming the driver within 28 days of receipt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes to your first answer, and no to the second. But as I explained in my original request to you I was very unwell, therefore I did not know what was going on. But their Barrister must have thought I had a good case or he would not have reopened the case.

Ok.

So did the nomination name you as the driver without equivocation?