Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hello. I part exchanged my Renault Senic 2012 for a Mercedes

Customer Question

Hello. I part exchanged my Renault Senic 2012 for a Mercedes Smart Car.
When I collected my new car I sent off the relevant document to DVLA and I thought that
Was that. I then moved from my address to West Hampstead and then to my surprise one year later Baliffs at my mums door as mum bought the Mercedes for me. The Baliffs had come for a non payment parking ticket that belonged to the Renault 3 weeks after I sold it to them in fact, they sold it to British Car Auctions and there it was bought. Mercedes washed their hands of it told the Baliffs I was not the owner but while my name was still on the registered keeper log book. I called British Car Auctions they said the new keepers name was on it. Yet I am still being pestered by these Baliffs. What can I do?
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.
Are you still the registered keeper?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am not the registered keeper British Car Auctions has the name but under the discretionary act can not let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am not the registered keeper British Car Auctions has the name but under the discretionary act can not let me know BCA said if the Baliffs want to call them they would give the new registered keepers details to them.
Sorry?

I'm not sure I understand?