Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Is is legal for Barnet Council to send a demand for an unpaidf

Customer Question

Is is legal for Barnet Council to send a demand for an unpaidf PCN dated they say, 20/02/14, demanded from me with no copy, on 06/06/14. How can I be expected to remember, especially as I am 82 years old. I challenged it immediately, but they are increasing the amount and insisting that if I don't pay up they will send the bailiffs? If I owe I always pay immediately. I don't believe this and have asked for a copy of the pcn.
Category: Traffic Law
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you receive a PCN/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not as far as I can remember. I do always deal with a PCM immediately. I have requested a copy of this PCM, to no avail.
No, they will not usually supply a copy.

Do they confirm it was issued to your car or by post?

Or have they not commented?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your help. my son has taken it up with them and it is as I suspected related to a pcn which was unfairly issued and which I had aleady challenged. When they first sent me this demand I immediately reminded them of this previous challenge, which they never acknowledged, and on this re-presentation ignored. I became very stressed by it all dealing with these faceless monsters. My son seems to have dealt with it successfully. So I thank you very much - it is good to know that you are there . Jessie Gibber

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The never commented on my request for a copy of the pcn - they just went on bullying me and threatening me with the bailiffs.

Ok.

So you don't need an answer now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, they have accepted their error - God forbid they should apologise for the angst they put me through - and the bullying. Thankyou - I rate you 10/10. Jessie

No problem.

All the best.