Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I lent my car to someone who lives in the Irish Republic and

I lent my car to someone who lives in the Irish Republic and they were cought speeding in my car. They have gone back to Ireland do they got points and a fine. Can you help
Category: Traffic Law
Were they covered by your insurance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they were doing 39 in a 30 zone was wondering do they get points and fine or just fine
If this is Southern Ireland then a UK court cannot add points to their licence. What it will do is add points to their nominal UK licence and levy a fine.
They may, of course, decide not to prosecute them as there is no point.
You should brace yourself for an investigation though. I'm afraid there is a well known scam in the UK which tends to involve people who have gone to far more far flung locations. Usually the registered keeper gives the name of a person who has left the country safe in the knowledge that person will not be prosecuted.
Of course, that does not mean that nobody can make that nomination truthfully but you should be prepared for them to demand sight of their insurance certificate and evidence that this person was using your car.