Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was stopped and charged with driving a vehicle with no insurance,

Customer Question

I was stopped and charged with driving a vehicle with no insurance, i believed it was covered on another vehicle insurance i had.
I am due to appear in court and have pleaded guilty, but am going to appear and i've noticed on traffic officers statement for incident that he says he was driving along the road and i passed him.
That is incorrect he was actually parked up in a layby and once i passed him he started his lights and asked me to pullover to which i replied it was in a dangerous position and suggested i would pullover 150 yards further in a safe position.
does it matter that he stated he was driving along the road?
Category: Traffic Law
No. You accept driving and that you were actually without insurance. Where you were driving is a non issue unless, of course, it is not on a road or public place.
Also, if you advance your account you risk telling the court that you didn't stop immediately which is not usually a good idea I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What i'm trying to succeed in is, not getting any points on my clean licence as i have recently been involved in a accident that was not my fault and therefore have had a hire vehicle.

With points on my licence i would not have been able to hire a vehicle

As i employ 2 people who rely on me for employment.

DOC as it used to be called by the insurance industry is now removed from most policies.

i had just purchased vehicle and drove 1/2 mile i insured vehicle next day at no additional cost to mini fleet policy i already had in place.

So therefore absolutely no benefit in me driving and uninsured vehicle as it was not for financial reasons or illegal reasons.

i suppose ignorance is bliss.

Strict liability offences are very unfair.
The only way to avoid points is to argue special reasons. But that can really only be achieved here on the basis that you genuinely believed you were insured and there was no reason for you not to do so.