Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Hi. My name is Narimantas. It happens that i have no driving

Customer Question

My name is Narimantas.
It happens that i have no driving license and driven a car while two days ago I've crashed my car.
What prosecutions are waitng for me and what should I do/ecpect?
Category: Traffic Law
Has he reported it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he reported it, I've recently bought a car and it was still insured on trader insurance, he received a call from his insurance.

They allready have my details as we exchanged them on the accident day.

To the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes reported to the police, but police didn't came in to accident scene. He reported to insurance company too.

No, they will just summons.
They will probably summons you for no insurance and no licence. No insurance carries 6 points and a fine. No licence carries 3 points and a fine but that will be encompassed in the 6 points for no insurance.
The civil claim runs against you I'm afraid. If you were not insured then they are not liable. you need to try to settle that claim as soon as possible.
If he has reported it already then he has lost his major trump card which is that he would report you to the police. In the circumstances, there is no real pressure upon you to settle other than the risk of being sued.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How big the fines could be is there any mitigating circumstances ?

Like if i have a family and I'm the only worker with pretty low income.

How long the proceses can take ?

Will I be banned from obtaining the driving license in the future ?

How long can the ban be ?

For no insurance usually 125-175 % of your weekly income.
There are mitigating circumstances but not that you have a low income.
They have to summons within 6 months.
Yes, they can ban you but probably they would just add points. Bans are usually up to 6 months.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I have Provisional Driving Licence.

Will this can help me in anyway ?

What should i say at the court ?

No. it is not a full licence.
On the facts you present above, you would have to plead guilty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will this stay as the criminal record in my history ?

Yes, but it is not an offence that has any impact on your character. It is a road traffic contravention.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did a car accident without license and insurance will be just 6 penalty points for my future driving license ?

When I'll have all the fines, is there a way to pay them in parts or has it be paid straight away ?

No insurance carries 6 points and a fine. No licence carries 3 points and a fine but that will be encompassed in the 6 points for no insurance.
They will let you pay in instalments.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the consultation.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one more and last question will this impact my future car insurance costs and how big the impact can be ?

It will have an impact upon your insurance quotes Im afraid. It is going to make a huge difference for a short time.