Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am to appear in court on the 24 November for a traffic offence

I am to appear in court on the 24 November for a traffic offence in three counts. (1) failing to stop, (2) exchange information, (3) failed to report to the police. I accidentally reversed against a taxi beind me and because of mitigating Circonstances and misunderstanding on the drivers body language I took off. he has a witness and i don't, also he claims he has injury to his neck and back. I am in a financial crises at the and don't have any assets what sould I do
Category: Traffic Law
Are you asking what the sentence will be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I believe I have to plead guilty and also what else can i do. is it also better for me to appear in person?

Given the charges that you face your only realistic option is to appear in person.
Failing to stop and report carries 5- 10 points, a potential ban, an unlimited fine and up to 6 months custody.
It is probable that you would be fined but given the fact that he is claiming to have relatively serious injury I would brace yourself for a heavy fine. You are in the Band C fine category so that they will be looking at between 125-175% of your weekly income.
You could be banned for a short time. That does sometimes happen when a person is injured. If you avoid it then I would expected 6-8 points.
There will also be costs of £85 plus the victim surcharge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

custody, does it mean jail? also what happens if all my family income is going towards bills, i am involved in a financial management pay back. if it comes to the worse would my house be in danger