75100385

I had a Bailiff visit me Friday He had a PCN bill with him

Customer Question

I had a Bailiff visit me Friday He had a PCN bill with him for £422 I offered to pay £100 per month but he would not accept that offer and he said he would be returning to remove goods if I did not pay the full amount by Monday Is he allowed to do that as I cannot pay the full amount before the end of the week.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Did you know about the PCN?
Customer :

Yes I did know about it but I have been so involved with my other court matter that I forgot about this until the Bailiff turned up . I phoned the Council up when they sent me a Notice to tell them that I had paid for parking but the they told me that I would have to wait to hear from the Court before I could do anything about it . I have not had anything from the court until the Bailiff turned up. I have found the parking ticket this weekend which was still in the car . Is there anything I can do before the Bailiff comes back. Is there anything I can do before the Bailiff comes back .

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I see the expert has opted out - did you know about the PCN?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes as explained to Alex Hughes

Did they say why they refused £100 a month?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No he just kept on insisting that I had to pay the total or he was going to remove goods.

Have you let him in your house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I refused to leave him in but he said that he could force entry into my workshop

Is it in your name or the business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Business

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is in the Business name

Sadly the Bailiff can enter.
What you need to do is call the bailiff firm and agree a repayment plan.
If he tries to force entry today you can contest those charges as you have already offered £100 per month. The bailiff can't make you pay what you can not afford.
Can I clarify anything about this for you?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I contacted the Bailiff Firm (Marstons) offering to pay £100 per month but they just forwarded my Email to the Bailiff and he phoned me up and said that he was not going to accept my proposal and if I did not pay the full amount (£422) he is going to remove goods

Have you paid the £100 yet? I would.
However you can also consider an injunction to restrain them. You would need to complete form N!
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
And N16a
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
Take it to the Court and they would list it for a hearing and decide whether to make an injunction. Given what you have said re payments I am sure the Court would consider it.
They bailiff wont break the injunction.